The npEnterprise Forum is a moderated, interactive, online place for discussions about practical ways social enterprises (SEs) can advance their social or environmental missions through entrepreneurial strategies. Regardless of your affiliation, nonprofit, forprofit, hybrid, government, or individual entrepreneur, if you’re interested in social enterprise, you’re welcome here. In partnership with the Social Enterprise Alliance (www.se-alliance.org), we define social enterprise as any organization that "harnesses the power of the marketplace to solve critical social or environmental problems.”
Common topics include discussions on how to:
1) Choose an organizational form to implement your social enterprise idea
2) Assess organizational readiness to develop SE strategies
3) Identify and select viable opportunities to grow your SE (e.g. more from your current activities, new ventures, corporate partnerships, etc.)
4) Determine risks and rewards of developing SEs
5) Conduct business research
6) Resolve legal and tax concerns
7) Secure funding or investment for your SE
8) Integrate business planning and development into the daily management of your organization.
Please note that the focus here is not on abstract concepts, but practical tips and shared resources, tools, and techniques. This listserv is a cordial forum for discussion among colleagues about these topics, rather than a vehicle for promoting particular events, resources, or job openings.
This listserv is owned and edited by Rolfe Larson Associates LLC (www.RolfeLarson.com). The npEnterprise Forum is the official listserv partner of the Social Enterprise Alliance (www.se-alliance.org).